Thursday, May 2, 2013

His and Her Cards




Just catching up on lessons from the His and Her online card class. Lots of fun ideas. I got this idea from the video Jennifer Maguire showed on class 2. She was focusing on maculine cards but showed how she converts feminine cards into masculine cards and one card layout struck me. 

I switched this up a bit. generally guys and kraft paper go together. But on my girly card i matched the kraft paper up with some feminine quilt paper fro StampinUp and added a pink strip with the saying- curly for the ladies. I then added some matching buttons.

The guy card I went with some stark white, and layered some old newsprint paper from DaisyD. The saying I put on the kraft and had it plain typewriter font. I added some guy buttons and screw brads. 

Now I know it was a birthday card day today, but I hope it is OK these to the gallery since they are Hello cards.

These also reminded me of the sketch challenge over at Less is more, so I am entering both of these there.

You know what these could be great mom and dad cards, maybe I will put them in that gallery, oh I don't know, what do you think?





6 comments:

Luckysmom said...

So pretty with that die cut.

Chrissie said...

Pretty cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kylie said...

These are great cards...
Love the different take on the sketch...

Helen T said...

What a great idea, i love both cards. Happy Crafting - Helen T (LiM No. 88)

ilse said...

beautiful cards,my favorit one is the mens card

Bobby said...

I'm behind on the homework, too. I took the previous class, Pattern Play, and did it all, but this one was more difficult time wise and stamp wise.