Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rainbow Birthday


Wow I just love my new job! I got downstaffed today, so I had an extra day off this week! I got my homework done quickly and then spent some time stamping.


I went through the challenge blogs for some inspiration and came up with this card. It answers the challenge to 4 challenges. First Addicted to CAS  is having a challenge with the inspiration of rainbows.
Next Addicted to Stamps and More is having a clean and simple challenge- love those!
Make my Monday features anything that flies. Lastly My Time to Craft  challenge is having a sentiment as the main focus.

ADDED NOTE 5/12/13

My Time to Craft  is having us a show us the inside, so I went back and did the inside of my top three card. I had these rain bow strips in my stash from another project and thought they would be perfect in the inside of this card. I am having fun doing the inside of a card- something I never do. I think the trick is to make sure it complements the front of the card but doesn't take away from the front.


The fun thing about this card is the technique I used with happy saying stamp from Hero Arts. I turned the stamp over and attached the word part to the acrylic mount, so the flat acrylic side was up. I then took my Tombo markers and colored a rainbow on the stamp.


I liberally spritz it with water and stamped onto white card stock. When it was dry, I turned the stamp over and inked the "happy saying" and stamped it in the rainbow block. It fit perfectly! 
Try it! It works great!



What do you think about the balloons? I went back and forth about adding them. I just felt it needed something.
Happy Creating!



11 comments:

Cazro said...

Good luck with your entry to both the challenges, a beautiful CAS card, Love your choice of colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at ATS and More. Caz DT

Mynn xx said...

That is absolutely fabulous! LOVE the effect you created--thanks for sharing how to do it, too!!! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

PS: I've got a DT call on for a new challenge called House of Cards. I'd love for you to enter if you're interested! :)

Loll said...

Hi Sue. First of all, congrats on covering four challenges with this card!! It is AWESOME!! Love the way you created the rainbow - will have to give that a try. Such a great stamp and it's perfect with the script word on top and the balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at ATS&M and ATCAS! Loll xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the colours & balloons!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

sandie said...

WOW great technique and what a fab look, I have to try this. Thanks for playing along at ATSM X

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, your rainbow background looks fab! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

stressfreestamping said...

Huh! Who would have thought you could use the back of the acrylic stamp?! Not me! Thanks for sharing that tip...I love how you used it to color the rainbow for your sentiment block. Love the big black word too. Very cool! Thanks for playing at ATCAS and ATSM this week! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow must try that myself - such a beautiful effect. Love this happy and colorful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Linda Beeson said...

Clever use of that stamp, LOVE the colors.

Fliss said...

A lovely clean and simple design. Thanks for joining in with our MMM anything that flies challenge.
Fliss x

Ann said...

Beautiful 'Inside"! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Time To Craft!