Friday, September 27, 2013

It's what is on the inside that counts!



Since there are no stamp stores left in my area, I really depend on Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner's Online Card Classes to provide me with inspiration and new techniques to create my cards. Right now I am taking Insider. This class focuses on the inside of the card. This is something I never focus on, in fact, I don't even do the insides of my cards until I am ready to give it to someone and then I am scrambling to find a sentiment and an inkpad! 
So this class is a challenge!! during our first day of class Jennifer focused on easy popups- another thing I never do! I loved the idea of a card popping up in the inside of the card.  She showed us a water color technique she calls "I painted this". I can't explain, you will just have to take the class!


I chose to make a Thanksgiving card using one of my favorite Thanksgiving stamps from Amuse. My sentiments came from Hero Arts . Jennifer used watercolor paper, but for my card I wanted the harvesty feel of kraft paper. 

Does anyone have any special Thanksgiving stamps they like? I could use some new ones, but they are hard to find.




1 comment:

Jean said...

This is stunning! Beautiful job!