Saturday, October 19, 2013

Believe in the Magic




Woooohooooo.... a color challenge with colors that I just LOVE! I could have done any number of cards using this combo, nested blues. I love making blue and brown holiday cards.



In keeping with the theme of eggs, I chose my Hero Arts stamp Merriest Christmas Wishes that features a cute little bird and paired it with  saying from Paper Smooches. I didn't have any turquoise embossing powder so I just went over the saying with a copic marker to tint it a bit.

Please play along with Just Us Girls and show us your best use of the nested blues!


10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Sue! I love the white birch trees against the Kraft, and that beautiful blue bird....so cute!

Lisa Kind said...

So stinkin' cute! I love it! I love birch trees...we used to have a couple at my parents' house when I was a kid and I loved peeling the bark off of them (of course I got yelled at for doing that!). Very pretty design too!

Lisa Kind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the colors! I love the tiny bird~

Marisa said...

Love the scene and the glittery snow is such a wonderful touch. Fabulous use of the colours!

Nancy said...

Love Love your card Sue!!!!!!! Great job!

Maria said...

Love this! Great use of the colors. Beautiful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! Love your background and so smart of you to color over the sentiment to get the color you wanted.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! Love your background and so smart of you to color over the sentiment to get the color you wanted.

Anonymous said...

Just love your card, Sue!! great sketch, too and thanks for the super color inspiration!