Sunday, November 3, 2013

Life is Beautiful


The theme to go with the sketch this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday is vintage. Yikes! This has never been anything that I dabbled in. In fact I really had to go through my stamps and papers to find stamps that might work. Plus I had to do a bit of research on the net. 

I will let all of you be the judge of what I created. Is it "vintagey" enough? 

I started with the "lace border" from Papertrey Ink's Love and Marriage set in distress ink colors, victorian velvet and bundled sage. I built the card from this stamp and colors. I added the dogwood stamp from Hero Arts colored in matching colors with copic markers. I used some vintage rose paper that I distressed and the Memory Box trellis die. The card is finished off with this great saying from Papertrey Ink's Meadow Greens set.


While this was "fun" and it really stretched me- let me get back to what I enjoy and am good at- CAS with a cute and whimsical bend.

Please show me how it is done, by joining us in the challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!


3 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautifully done. Great flower image!

Karen said...

Beautiful card, love the lacey lattice look, colors and papers too. Just a Beautiful card!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, beautiful card - I definately think you did 'vintage' to perfection!