Monday, November 11, 2013

Unconventional Christmas



Today at House of Cards we are having a color challenge. Wow, I just loved the color combo!! Gorgeous red oranges, apricots and  greens. Usually, I am moaning about the challenges, but this one spoke to me! During the summer I bought this holiday set from Papertrey Ink called Snowflake Flurries. It didn't necessarily read holiday to me, which made it really useful. 


This is the first set I grabbed, after spending some fun time going through all my inks to find ones that matched the challenge. I thought about popping some of the flakes up, but it just looked too busy. While the colors are unconventional for the holidays this card just says Christmas to me. A bit of bling and this CAS card was finished.

Please join us for this great color challenge at the House of Cards!


3 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

I definitely agree that this stamp set does not read holiday, but then when choosing sets we all need to know that we can get the most out of a set. Great job with this one. Love all the circles and they definitely could be used for any occasion.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Quite the fabulous use of the colors and I adore the one layer of this!

Mynn xx said...

You totally ROCKED these!!! This is one of the best holiday cards I've seen this season--LOVE IT! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week!!! :) Mynn xx