Saturday, March 8, 2014

Great Minds....




I have spent this whole week not thinking about school. Next week I am off and will spend the week studying for my psych test, so I will be keeping a low profile. I spent last Sunday and Monday getting all my blogging obligations in order. 

This week at Just Us Girls, Sharyn has a technique challenge- Weathered wood background.




I have to say, I watched the video and remembered a photo I saw on Pinterest and thought yeah, that's it. I am going for a blue background. When I went to put my card in the blog, I noticed 2 of my fellow designers had the same "great idea"!!




This was the original card. I really like it  but it was just to similar to others.


Well, I needed to go back and rethink this whole thing. I made another background with grey tones and die cut circles and played with them until I was happy with the composition. And another guy card was created.  Even Miss Pinkie liked this one. She is a sucker for neutral tones.

Try this fun and easy technique and show us what you created at Just Us Girls this week.





8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cards! Love the cat staging :)

Marisa said...

Great work on both of them! Love the way you used the circles and the flowers on the second one are lovely. Cute kitty too :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love both of the cards! The blue is stunning, but I love the second with the wood grain in the circles....so creative!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Loving that blue wood with the pretty flowers. And those woodgrain circles are fantastic with such a fun design.

Nancy said...

Love both of them Sue! Don't worry about matching the others...great minds think alike!

Lisa Kind said...

Love how you used the technique with the circles! Great card! And your kitty is adorable!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such pretty cards, but they way you photographed the circle card with the cat is just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards, I especially love that polka card and it's little supporter!