Saturday, March 29, 2014

Peas and Carrots



It's the fifth Saturday in the month, you know what that means? Its the WILD CARD challenge at Just Us Girls! Marisa has a good one this week! A tall and skinny card. 


I am very verbal that I only ever make A2 cards ( 5 1/2 X 4 1/4). I like my cards to fit the envelope. But  aren't challenges sometimes about confronting your demons? So I bucked up and thought why cant I make think of it as a regular size card just cut down a bit?

I used a new stamp set that I got at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp convention a few weeks back. Sweet and Sassy Stamps always has a great booth and awesome card samples. My girlfriend came across this stamp set and I had to get it too.

I don't often use a lot of pattern papers these days, but the scraps just went so well with the colors of the peas and carrots, that I had to build the card around them. I went with the 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 size so it will fit into an envelope easily.

Please join us for this wild, wild card challenge at Just Us Girls!


9 comments:

Marisa said...

Total cuteness! Love the papers too!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my I do love this card! The colors are just so vibrant (and I love orange!) and add so much to it! So cute!

Cheryl said...

Love the image and colors on this one! So bright and pretty! Great coloring and shading on those veggies!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a fun card -- love your coloring too!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is such a cute card! I love the bright colors and that fabulous papered paper....sweet images too!

Barbara said...

Love your sweet peas and carrots card.

Barbara said...

Love your sweet peas and carrots card.

Nancy said...

Totally cute card and sentiment...thanks for the smile! Have a great week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sue, this is such a fun card! That image is darling and love the sentiment. Love those colors and papers and your coloring is great.