Saturday, September 13, 2014

Design Team call at Just Us Girls!!



This has been an absolutely crazy week. I have been busy working between two departments at work and staying late most nights and school is in full swing. ( I have just started grad school for my Masters in  nursing) Today was my day off and I ended up going into work to help out. The gist of this rant is that I have been behind in everything I had to do this week.

Luckily, this week's challenge card has been made for weeks. Remember my crafting weekend? I worked way ahead on many of my challenges because I knew September was going to be trying.

 This week at Just Us Girls, we have some exciting news- we are looking for a new DT member. Here are the details:

If you are interested, just play in this week's challenge and when uploading your card, put a DT after your name.  The Team will then discuss and vote for the chosen new JUGHEAD.  We will announce the new member on Saturday, September 20th.  The new member will officially start in the October 4th challenge.  Good Luck!


This weeks tend challenge by Vicki is right on point- water coloring! Most of you know I have been all over this especially since I took the online water coloring class with Jennifer Maguire and Kristina Werner.  My card today is a technique I learned from the class using stencils. 

The quick version is that you make a very wet watercolor wash and then press your stencil into the wash and let it sit till it dries and then pull the stencil off.

I think the saying is perfect for the challenge because- "Yes you all can do anything!!" 

I hope many of you will considering applying as a DT member. I am the newbie at JUGS. I have been with them for a year this month and not only are the challenges fun, but the DT are wonderfully creative and supportive women! 

I hope to see your watercolor creations this week at Just Us Girls!




8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the pretty subtle water coloring!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! Love the watercolor effect with the stencil. Good luck with you Masters!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowy watercolor background! Nice work!
(HOpe things at your real work slow down a bit soon!)

Barbara said...

Great card! I just had to leave you a comment. Love the colors and the CAS look. Good luck with your studies for your masters. From a retired nurse! It will all be worth it.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Sue, very subtle and calming!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty and what a great technique! I took the class too...they are great! You are so smart to work ahead! I'm always running behind especially at this time of year!

Nancy said...

Love that subtle background and so glad you were able to work ahead to make your life a little easier...you are super busy! Great card! HUGS!

Deepti said...

The water coloring looks awesome :) pretty card !