Sunday, January 11, 2015

A little spring......



in the middle of winter. I bought this awesome stencil from My Favorite Things awhile ago. The poopr thing has never felt the wetness of ink through it. I usually use something new within a few weeks. This stencil must have got put away and forgotten. 


Lucky for me Just Us Girls is having a trend week and the trend is stencils. I pulled out my stencils and while I was searching through them this wildflower stencil popped out. I knew that I was going to use it.

I wanted to keep the card CAS so the flowers would stand out. I chose a saying from MFT (old and I don't have the name of the set) and stamped it and then stenciled the flowers over the saying. 


Because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I dry embossed with a polka dot stencil over the whole thing. Here is a video from Shari Carroll on how to dry emboss with your stencils.



Check out what the DT did over at JUGS and share your creation!


3 comments:

Ina G said...

Lovely card so colourful and great technique and backing. thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls.

Nancy said...

I just get so tickled when you join us Sue! Love your card! I am definitely going to check out the video. Thanks for playing along with your friends at JUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! Those flowers are gorgeous and love the embossed background, too. So glad you came back to play along with us at JUGS!